BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | ¤¤¤å
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 3rd, 2024, 5:33pm

HKBWS BBS ­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·| ·s »D ²Õ
   Discussion Area °Q½×°Ï
   Birding Reports & Tips Æ[³¾³ø§i¤Î¤ß±o
(Moderators: BBS Moderators, Webcreeper)
   ¥»´ä¦Aµo²{3·s³¾ºØ¡@3 More New Species for HK
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ¥»´ä¦Aµo²{3·s³¾ºØ¡@3 More New Species for HK  (Read 1056 times)
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

¥»´ä¦Aµo²{3·s³¾ºØ¡@3 More New Species for HK
« on: Jun 17th, 2006, 9:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

17/6/06 ©ú³ø Mingpao

Following the recent first sightings of 4 species in Hong Kong, the HKBWS reported three more new species in May: Ruddy Kingfisher and Brown Noddy at waters near Po Toi, and Rosy Pipit at Long Valley. The Society considered this is a very productive year, especially the ¡§small miracle¡¨ of finding a new species at Long Valley in 10 years.

¥»´ä¦Aµo²{3·s³¾ºØ
Üñ­ì10¦~¨Ó¡u¤p©_ÂÝ¡v

¡i©ú³ø±M°T¡j­»´äÆ[³¾·|Ä~¦­«e¦b»Z¥x®qµo²{4ºØ¥»´ä­º¦¸°O¿ýªº³¶³¾«á¡A©ó5¤ë¦A ¦¸µo²{3­Ó·s³¾ºØ¡A¨ä¤¤¦b»Z¥x®qªþªñ®ü°ì¡Aµo²{¨ª»B»A¤Î¥Õ³»¥È¿PÅáA¥t©ó ¤W¤ôÜñ­ìµo²{¯»¬õ¯Ý÷º¡CÆ[³¾·|§Î®e¡A¤µ¦~¬O³¶³¾µo²{¡u¤jÂצ¬¡v¡A¤×¨äÜñ­ì§ó¬O ¬Û¹j ¹O10¦~¥H¨Ó¡A¦A¦¸µo²{·s³¾ºØ¡A¬O¥»¦aÆ[³¾¬Éªº¡u¤p©_ÂÝ¡v¡C

¤µ¦¸µo²{·s³¾ºØªº¹Lµ{¡A´¿µo¥Í¤@¬q¤p´¡¦±¡C¸Ü»¡¤@¦W¥~Äy¤H¤h¡AµL·N¶¡©ç¤U¤@´T ®ü³¾ªº¬Û¤ù¡A°_ªì¥L©|¥¼ª¾¹D¦Û¤v¦³­«¤jµo²{¡Aª½¦Ü±N·Ó¤ù©ñ¨ìºô¤W°Q½×°Ï¡A¦b²³ ¦hÆ[³¾·R¦nªÌ¦X¤O¬ã¨s¤U¡A¤~½T»{¬°­º¦¸¦b¥»´äµo²{ªº¥Õ³»¥È¿PÅáA§ó¥i¯à¬O¥þ¤¤ °êªº­º¦¸¬ö¿ý¡C

¥Õ³»¥È¿PÅéΥþ°ê­º²{

­»´äÆ[³¾·|°Æ¥D®u§d¯ª«n§Î®e¡A¤µ¦~«e«á°O¿ý¤F7­Ó­º²{ªº³¾ºØ¡A¬Û¸û¹L¥h¨C¦~¥­§¡¥u±o2¦Ü3ºØ¡Aµ´¹ï¬O¡u¤jÂצ¬¡v¡A¤×¨äÜñ­ì²H¤ôÀã¦a¡A¹L¥h10¦h¦~¤@ª½Æ[¹î¡A¤W¤@¦¸°O¿ý¨ì·s³¾ºØ¤w¬O1994¦~¡A·í®Éµo²{¤F´Ä¨F¿PªºÂܼv¡A¶Z¤µ¶W¹L10¦~¡A¦]¦¹¯à°÷¦A¦³·sµo²{¬O¡u¤p©_ÂÝ¡v¡C

¦ý§d¯ª«n»¡¡A¦A¦¸¦bÜñ­ìµo²{·s³¾ºØ¡A¤]¥i¯à·N¨ýµÛ¥»´ä·s¬É¦a°Ï¡A¯à°÷¨Ñ³¶³¾´Ï ®§ªº¦a¤è¶R¤Ö¨£¤Ö¡A¥OÜñ­ìÀã¦aªº«O¨|¤u§@§ó§Î­«­n¡CÆ[³¾·|¥¿¦bÜñ­ì¹ê¬I¬°´Á¨â ¦~ªº«O¨|­p¹º¡A³z¹L»P·í¦a¹A¤Í¦X§@¡AÀç³y¾A¦X³¶³¾´Ï®§ªº¥Í¹Ò¡A¨Ò¦pµy«á¶X³¶³¾ ¾E±p©u¸`¡A±±¨î¦è¬vµæªº¦¬³Î¡A§Æ±æµæªá¤ÎºØ¤l¯à¬°¤@¨Ç³¶³¾´£¨Ñ­¹Â³¡C

¡u²¾¥Á¡vÀ£¤O³¾¨à¨Ó´ä

Æ[³¾·|«ü¡A¨C³{»ä­·«e«á³£¸û©öµo²{·s³¾ºØ¡A¬G¤W¤ë¦³»ä­·¡A¥i¯à¥O³¶³¾²{¨­¡A¥[ ¤W¥þ²y·x¤Æ¡A³¡¤À³¾Ãþ³v¨B¦V¥_¾E²¾¡A¬G±qªF«n¨È¦a°Ï¡AºCºC²¾ªñ­»´ä¡Q¦Ó­ì©~¦a ¦PºØ³¶³¾¼Æ¥Ø¼W¥[¡A³y¦¨¡u²¾¥Á¡vÀ£¤O¡A¬Æ¦Ü³¶³¾°g¸ô¡A§¡¥i¯à¥O­»´ä¥X²{·s³¾ºØ ¡C
©ú³ø°OªÌ ¦ó¸ÎùÚ

¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@>}o-}o-¡@¡@¡@>}o-¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@>}o-¡@¡@¡@¡@.......x
David_Diskin
BBS Member
BBS Senior Member

I love bird watching!

Re: ¥»´ä¦Aµo²{3·s³¾ºØ¡@3 More New Species for HK
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18th, 2006, 2:41pm »

Yes, exciting times - although if it weren't for Po Toi and offshore waters (and with Mai Po being closed until mid-April), it would otherwise have been a fairly dull spring....

A minor point about firsts and Long Valley. If I remember correctly, an Ortolan Bunting was photographed there in October 2005, although was not identified as such at the time. That will be the first record for HK if accepted.

dave diskin
miket
BBS Member
BBS God

I'd rather be birding!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18th, 2006, 7:58pm »

The news about the first for Hong Kong also made the front page of some editions of the SCMP yesterday.  However, the reporting was a bit confused and I counted eight factual errors in the first 100 words or so of the piece.

Never mind though. There were pictures of the Rosy Pip, the OBG Pigeon, the Chinese Thrush and the Olive-backed Fly (probably the worst victim of the misreporting as it was referred to twice as a Narcissus Fly).

Still, as someone once said, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Mike Turnbull
miket
BBS Member
BBS God

I'd rather be birding!

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19th, 2006, 5:43pm »

Further to my message on the SCMP front page article on Firsts for HK in 06, I used the name Olive-backed Flycatcher, as the SCMP report did, presumably because the HKBWS did in its press release/conference.

However. on behalf of one or two others too, can I plead that  we use the names Owston's Flycatcher for this taxon and Elisa's Flycatcher, not Green-backed Flycatcher, for elisae, since the colour-based names are, to my mind, rubbish, for several reasons, and in this naming system, 'nominate' Narcissus Flycatcher risks becoming "Black-backed Flycatcher". Niall Moores proposes these names +"Narcissus" eg Black-backed Narcissus Flycatcher, in his wonderful article on their separation http://www.birdskorea.org/narcissustypes.asp , but I couldn't see the long form surviving, thus robbing us of one of the more charismatic bird names, which is befitting a very charismatic bird.

And of course loads of other flycatchers have black backs too!

Mike Turnbull
johnallcock
BBS Member
BBS Senior Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 12:05pm »

Further to the subject of firsts at Long Valley, there was also the lesser whitethroat in October 2002.
martin
BBS Member
BBS Full Member

Dead Ducks Don't Fly!

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 10:11pm »

"fairly dull spring" indeed - for me here on Cheung Chau!

If this was fairly quiet spring, would have to wonder about Po Toi in normal year.

H5N1 Poultry Flu and Wild Birds Forum
HK Outdoors
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·|
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS ­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·| ·s »D ²Õ » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.