BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 23rd, 2024, 5:31pm

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   Conservation 自然保育
(Moderators: Webcreeper, BBS Moderators)
   政府財政預算:保育資助削三成
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 政府財政預算:保育資助削三成  (Read 643 times)
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

政府財政預算:保育資助削三成
« on: Mar 11th, 2004, 6:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

今日明報:

保育資助削三成 野鳥貓狗也遭殃
3月 11日 星期四 02:35 更新  

【明報專訊】政府財赤,連米埔雀鳥、遺棄貓狗亦成開刀對象。愛護動物協會及米埔濕地今年可獲的資助撥款,將大減兩至三成。受助機構稱服務受影響,計劃中 的米埔維修工程亦要延遲。此外,漁護署04/05年的自然護理開支將大減8800多萬元,包括04/05年度栽種樹苗數目由88萬減至78萬株。

愛護動物協會轟短視

漁護署財政預算資料顯示,愛護動物協會的撥款由03/04年度的118.8萬元減至04/05年度90.8萬,減幅23.6%。護理及管理拉姆薩爾公約濕地的資助金,受助機構包括米埔自然保護區、長春社及 香港觀鳥會,撥款更由308萬元減至208萬元 ,大削百萬,減幅達32%。

愛護動物協會行政總監Pauline Taylor對於政府大減開支感到失望。她說政府過去5年逐步減少資助撥款,他們已透過削減人手應付,但這次減幅達兩成多,會嚴重影響運作。她批評政府短視,漠視控制動物繁殖工作。米埔自然保護區經理楊路年亦稱,原先計劃在米埔做美化工作,吸引濕地野生動物 ,並增加公眾觀賞設施,但受撥款影響要延遲計劃。米埔會籌款,希望可繼續計劃。他稱財赤持續,擔心每年撥款減少。

少種10萬樹 少捕流浪動物

漁護署亦面對削減開支壓力,雖然該署預計今年到郊野公園的遊客會增加2.5%,由1220萬人增至1250萬人,但教育活動反而減少,預計參加人數由25萬減至20萬。該署04/05年度亦會減少種樹苗10萬棵。動物監管方面,預計今年捕獲的流浪動物減少18%,由2.2萬隻減至1.8萬隻﹔接受防疫注射動物也減近兩成,由4.5萬隻減至3.7萬隻。環境諮詢委員會成員兼長春社理事吳祖南說,保護環境「預防勝於治療」。若不做好環保教育工作,日後破壞環境要補救的成本更大,政府不能因小失大。他明白現時財赤下要削減支出,但希望日後經濟好轉,政府能相應調整撥款。

明報記者 陳健佳

樣樣都減,卻花2600萬為少於十名村民重建深涌碼頭,威脅週圍環境,何不將錢撥給漁護署或其他保育項目,讓更多人受惠?

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2004, 7:03am by Webcreeper » Logged

>}o-}o-   >}o-         >}o-    .......x
深藍 Owen
BBS Administrator

LOVE KINGFISHER~!

339353245 339353245    

Re: 政府財政預算:保育資助削三成
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11th, 2004, 10:49am »

睇到個腦滾呀~~!! 救命~~!!

BBS Member
BBS God

Praise the Creator for His amazing works!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11th, 2004, 1:00pm »

"米埔濕地今年可獲的資助撥款,將大減兩至三成."

所以要把禽流感的源頭推給候鳥?

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Stanley

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 2:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

聽聞漁護署對取消對鳥會的資助, 可能會改做其他模式, 是否真的嗎?

我的心痛了......
請維護我們廿多年來建立的傳統、以及各人為自然保育所付出的努力 !
BERNARD
BBS Member
BBS Senior Member

I love bird watching!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 7:10pm »

Hi Webcreeper,

Now I understand why the government wants to spend 26 million dollars to rebuild the Sham Chung Ferry Pier (even though there are only a few villagers living around this area) but cut spending on nature conservation by 20-30 percent. Today (16March) I read an article from "The Standard" media website. The title is "Flatsplan for Green Sites". In paragraph 7 it mentioned that a part of land near Sham Chung wetlands was already sold to a well known property development company several years ago.  

Now this luxurious ferry pier is just paving the way for future large scale real estate construction ! It is that simple ! Don't you understand ??

If you want to read the whole article please type www.thestandard.com.hk and look for "Flatsplan for Green Sites" on today's (16March) local news.

The government has an ideal "dream" of selling lands of high conservation value to commercial property developers while enforcing the so called conservation rules to restrict their scale of construction . It argues that it can raise further money for conservation.  

Will this dream come true ? Let's see how Fung Lok Fai goes.

Bernard
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2004, 7:14pm by BERNARD » Logged
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 8:33pm »

Thanks Bernard for the link!

"One of the sites is the Sham Chung wetland, bordering the Sai Kung West Country Park, near Yung Shue O, which is understood to have been bought by Sun Hung Kai Properties several years ago. A spokesman for the company refused to comment yesterday on claims that it now wants to develop the land."

'"The developers must first enhance the ecological value of the lands before launching other projects,'' she said. ``
Developers need to pay the price. All of them have to bear social responsibilities.'''

I don't know what SHK had done to enhance the ecology of Sham Chung. All I know is that the freshwater marsh there was converted into a golf course by a developer, who subsequently abandoned it.  It seems the original natural environment has been lost forever, for nothing.

'He (villager Mr Cheung of Sha Lo Tung) said the government should let private developers manage and develop such land while caring for the ecology, adding: ``We need someone to manage the land in order to protect it.'''

I don't notice any sign of ecological management at Sham Chung, although it has been developed.

Is the new 26-million-dollar pier meant to encourage more development,  which will bring more damage?

Why couldn't the developer fund it himself, to pay the price as Dr Liao said?

« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2004, 8:44pm by Webcreeper » Logged

Dragontail

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 10:26pm »

what SHK did in the marsh of Sham Chung at 1998, pls visit:
http://www.hku.hk/ecology/porcupine/por19/features.htm

which make a special freshwater fish extinct in HK, this is what the land developer do for our ecoloy.
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 11:33pm »

"Of course, until a development application at Sham Chung is submitted to the Government by Sun Hung Kai, this remains only a conspiracy theory."

Billy Hau was right - the development application is coming.  What is the purpose of a luxury pier?

Now I learn that the Tung Chung River is not the first case of stream destruction.  Before that the globally-rare Black Paradise Fish had already lost their home at Sham Chung.  
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2004, 12:06am by Webcreeper » Logged

Stanley Chan

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 6:10pm »

We may stop any further damage in Sham Chung,

pls visit the site, sign the online objection letter

http://redbuilding.com/ska/sham_chung/sham_chung.html

and tell you friend also.
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #9 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 7:55pm »

Yes,  I have done it!

Anyone who thinks the pier is too much should sign it. If we cannot stop them this time,  at least we can make them think twice before committing to similar ridiculous projects in future.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.