BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 23rd, 2024, 9:29am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   Conservation 自然保育
(Moderators: BBS Moderators, Webcreeper)
   Do U know them?? 你認識他們嗎??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Do U know them?? 你認識他們嗎??  (Read 4530 times)
Little parrot
BBS Member
BBS Junior Member

I love all.... birds!

Do U know them?? 你認識他們嗎??
« on: Apr 21st, 2005, 8:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

They were found getting very close to a juvenile bird to take video and had scared the bird.

(edited by Webcreeper on 25/4/05)
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2005, 11:39pm by Webcreeper » Logged
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

Re: Do U know them?? 甚麼人??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 8:29pm »

謝謝舉報!

可否告知日期、時間和地點?

>}o-}o-   >}o-         >}o-    .......x
Little parrot
BBS Member
BBS Junior Member

I love all.... birds!

Re: Do U know them?? 甚麼人??
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:45pm »

Photo taken this late afternoon at xxxxxxxxxx (edited by Webcreeper).

When they found out being spy.  They hided under the trees immediately and did not come out.  

Their behaviour had caused disturbance to the bird!

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2005, 9:47pm by Webcreeper » Logged
MaC_siu_kit
BBS Member
BBS God

I want 500mm  :( :)))

81486916 81486916    
WWW Email

Re: Do U know them?? 你認識他們嗎??
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22nd, 2005, 1:41am »

scared the bird  
究竟佢地做乜? 為左研究隻幼鳥?
鳥友A(BWA)
Committee Member
BBS God

I love Nature!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22nd, 2005, 9:24pm »

持平一點來說,無論觀鳥、拍鳥還是做鳥類研究,多少都可能會影響到雀鳥,在完 全沒有干擾和害死雀鳥兩個極端之間,其實有無數不同程度的灰。

照片中的兩人都是有備而來,看來對鳥沒有惡意,只是想拍一些照片和動畫。幼鳥 發覺有人,當然會受驚逃走,關鍵是拍鳥的人有沒有窮追不捨,造成「過分」干擾 ?由於資料有限,很難說影響有多大,但是他們要逃避怕被人發現,可見有點心虛 。

從鳥的角度看,偶然給一、兩個人觀賞或拍攝可能沒有甚麼問題,但是人多了影響便會倍增,容忍限度在那裡實在難說,要靠我們憑良心自行判斷,並且時刻警醒。每當發現稀有鳥種,鳥友(和好奇的人)便會聞風而至,究竟有甚麼辦法可以將群體累積的干擾減至最低呢?

最後,除了耐心勸告初入門的朋友之外,將一些有問題的做法在這裡公開,利用群 眾的壓力,應該可以起到一定的阻嚇作用。

To be fair, bird watching, bird photography and bird research will create some form of disturbance. There are countless shades of gray between zero disturbance and killing birds.

I cannot see any bad intention in the two men, who seemed to be just going after some bird photos and footage. The young bird would certainly flee when it became aware of their presence. The key point is whether the men pursued it to the point of harassment, which I cannot tell from the photos. However, they did seem to be feeling uneasy, as they tried to escape from being watched.

Birds probably won't mind being watched or photographed occasionally. However, damage will build up when the number of visitors increases. The limit is difficult to tell – it is up to us to make a judgement from the bird's point of view. We should always remind ourselves of possible damage that we could bring. Bird watchers (and curious visitors) are naturally drawn to a rarity. How should we minimize the amount of cumulative disturbance?

One last point: in addition to giving advice to beginners, I think we can exercise some social pressure by posting examples of questionable practices in this forum.
Little parrot
BBS Member
BBS Junior Member

I love all.... birds!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24th, 2005, 9:11am »

Agree that there is always disturbance to birds during bird watching, photographing and bird research but shouldn't we minimize it as far as possible.  

These two guys had gone to far and crossed the limit. I can't tell what other thing will they do in addition to taking video as I had broken their plan. They had been observed for a few minutes. I saw them emerged from the bushes and crawled toward the bird. The bird heard the noise and spotted toward their direction. When the bird saw them (less than 10 feet apart), it frightened and curled down in a defense manner and called. One of them even came closer to the bird to bend the grasses in front of the bird so that his partner could take clear good video. Though that man retreated afterward, could you accept this behaviour? What else will they do if they did not know that they were being watched??

The bird was roosted at the edge of a ridge and it couldn't fly yet! It could jump a short distance. Imagine what could happen if it accidentally fall down the cliff!

I could not see any good reason for their behaviour.

我同意觀鳥、拍鳥和做鳥類研究都會干擾雀鳥,但是我們是不是應該將干擾儘量減到最小呢?

這兩位仁兄的行為太過分,已經超越了界線。我不知道除了拍影片之外他們還打算做些甚麼,因為我破壞了他們的計劃。我觀察了他們數分鐘,他們從樹林中鑽出來,向幼鳥爬過去。幼鳥朝聲音的來源望過去,一見到兩人(距離少於10 英呎)就顯得很驚慌,卷曲身體自衛並發出叫聲。其中一人更向前接近幼鳥,折曲 牠前方的草,以便同伴拍得更清楚。雖然那人之後退了下來,你能夠接受這種做法 嗎?如果不知道有人在看,他們會再做些甚麼??

幼鳥是站在崖邊的,又未懂得飛行!牠只會短距離跳幾步,想想如果牠從崖上跌下 去,會有甚麼後果!

我看不出那兩人的行為有甚麼好理由。

W 中譯
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2005, 9:58am by Webcreeper » Logged
Yat-tung YU
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24th, 2005, 3:15pm »

這明顯是違法行為! 他們已觸犯保護野生鳥類條例(俗稱170條例), 如有鳥友知道他們的身分,或以後再看到這情況,請通知漁護署。誰知道漁護署米埔 自然護理員辦公室電話,請留下。
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24th, 2005, 5:57pm »

米埔

on Apr 21st, 2005, 5:23pm, Bena wrote:
請向以下單位舉報非法活動:-

(1) 落馬洲警署報告室: 2471 4889 或 落馬洲警崗:2471 3422;  
(2) 米埔漁護署自然護理員辦事處: 2471-4411 或 親臨自然護理員辦事處報告。

請參考:

如何舉報傷害雀鳥的事件? Report when Birds are Threatened 

Little Dolphin
BBS Member
BBS God

Man and Nature, harmony forever

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 24th, 2005, 9:58pm »

I agree that the actions of the above people is absolutely intolerable. The two people are already being hostile towards the young bird.

May I ask if there is other means of reporting illegal activities concerning wildlife besides calling the Mai Po AFCD office? Some of our members received disappointing replies when they reported the mudskipper collectors at the Deep Bay mudflats.

Mudskipper collectors in Deep Bay "花魚佬"再現擾亂

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
--- John Donne (1572-1631)
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #9 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 12:58am »

得到 Little Parrot 的補充資料,讓大家公開評評理,証明多數人都認同那兩人的做法是不對的,實在 很有(反面)教育意義。

With further details from Little Parrot, most of us would agree that the two men's action is unacceptable. This is good education (on what not to do).

on Apr 24th, 2005, 9:58pm, little_dolphin wrote:

May I ask if there is other means of reporting illegal activities concerning wildlife besides calling the Mai Po AFCD office? Some of our members received disappointing replies when they reported the mudskipper collectors at the Deep Bay mudflats.
Mudskipper collectors in Deep Bay "花魚佬"再現擾亂

經過之前多篇有關花魚佬的留言,相信當局會明白到今時今日應該採取更積極主動 的態度,我們就繼續盡市民本份舉報,然後拭目以待吧。

Having seen so many reports about mudskipper collectors here, the authorities should now understand that a more postive approach is required.  Let's continue to do our part - reporting disturbances - and see what happens.

Captain
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 9:11am »

這明顯是違法行為! 他們已觸犯保護野生鳥類條例(俗稱170條例), 如有鳥友知道他們的身分,或以後再看到這情況,請通知漁護署。誰知道漁護署米埔  自然護理員辦公室電話,請留下。  

Maybe they are already civil servants, so no need to report to the govt .  

The Yuen Long AFCD enforcement team no is 2474 2591
Bob Thompson
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

« Reply #11 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 9:28pm »

Firstly I must say that I don't know these 2 people, but I have a problem with the photo's, why is the bird ? blurred out?? I can't even tell if it is a bird.  

My main concern is allowing photos on the bulliten board that could be defamatory. If the author of the photo had blurred the faces of the 2 people it would have been OK, but as the BBS belongs to the society, all members of the society bear some responsibilty as to what is published on the board.

I suggest that guidelines are published as to what photo's can be uploaded and what can't.

Bob
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #12 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 9:44pm »

Thanks Bob for the comment.

I believe the bird in the photo was blurred because Little parrot doesn't want to attract any more attention to it. Please see my private message.

Regarding guidelines for publishing photos in this BBS, we will work out something soon.

Webcreeper

Bob Thompson
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

« Reply #13 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 10:00pm »

I noticed that the country park was named in the original post, this particular country park is huge and it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack unless a map reference was given. I can't see the point of bluring the object (bird or whatever it is)

I am extremely concerned about being able to identify these 2 people (and the society leaving itself open to a legal case) when the main point of the photo's is to show what these people are doing.

The photo's get the point over even if we don't see these 2 peoples faces.

Note how now the local newspapers and television blur peoples faces so the media organisations will not be sued

Little parrot
BBS Member
BBS Junior Member

I love all.... birds!

« Reply #14 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 8:33pm »

Dear Bob,

Noted your concern.  Thank you.

Please note that the subject of this thread explains clearly the purpose of these photos. Identity of the bird, where is the bird and what the men doing are not the primary concern!  

The identities of the men are critical if you complain to AFCD or Police. It is useless if you don’t provide them with as much information as possible. The case will be recorded and then file to cabinet. Will AFCD/Police follow up who they are? I doubt!  

Concerning your worry on defamatory. I could not see any legal ground on it. May be you have other views? Please advise. My opinion is: Be firm and not to be threatened when the truth is with you.  

After all, talk about conservation is easy, taking part in is challenging. Should we take a step further when we can?

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.