BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 4th, 2024, 12:13am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   General 一般問題
(Moderators: Webcreeper, BBS Moderators)
   Asia Watebird Census, January 2004
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Asia Watebird Census, January 2004  (Read 552 times)
Yat-tung YU
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

Asia Watebird Census, January 2004
« on: Jan 9th, 2004, 12:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Asian Waterbird Census 2004

The January 2004 Waterbird Count will be taken place on 25 January 2004 (Sunday) at Mai Po Inner Deep Bay Ramsar Site, it is coincided with the annual Asia Waterbird Census organzed by Wetlands International – Asia Pacific.

In the last Hong Kong survey in January 2003, a total of 53,795 waterbirds were counted in the Deep Bay area including Futian, of which 40,272 were recorded in the Ramsar site. The largest group waterbirds was ducks and grebes, constituting 20,203 (37%) of birds present in the area. Gulls and terns comprised 13,191 (24%) individuals, which was the second largest group of waterbirds. A total of 7,959 (15%) Great Cormorants were counted and 7,527 (14%) waders were recorded in the area.  

Without your support, we would not be able to achieve the above result. If you wish to join the Waterbird Count and contribute to the identification and monitoring of the international and national important wetlands. Please contact the Hong Kong Coordinator, Yu Yat Tung at bfspoonbill@hkbws.org.hk or hkbws@hkbws.org.hk.  

The Asian Waterbird Census (AWC) is a regional programme organized by Wetlands International – Asia Pacific to promote public participation to monitor the distribution and populations of waterbirds and status of wetlands. The census has been an ongoing effort since 1987. The AWC covers the region of Asia, from Pakistan eastwards to Japan, Southeast Asia and Australasia. AWC runs parallel to other international census of waterbirds in Africa, Europe, West Asia and Neotropics under the umbrella of the International Waterbird Census (IWC).

Information about the HKBWS Waterbird Monitoring Programme is available on the HKBWS website at:
http://www.hkbws.org.hk/waterbird/index.html (English)
http://www.hkbws.org.hk/waterbird/indexc.html (Chinese)

Information on the Asian Waterbird Censusis is available on the AWC website
http://www.wetlands.org/IWC/awc/awcmain.html

Coordinator
Waterbird Monitoring Programme

Yu Yat Tung
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2004, 12:31am by Forrest FONG » Logged
HKBWS Office
BBS Member
BBS God

WWW Email

Re: Asian Watebird Census, January 2004
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2004, 10:22am »

More more message, for your consideration.  Members who wish to contribute your pictures for the Asia Waterbird Census Report, please get in touch with Mr David Li of Wetlands International at david@wiap.nasionet.net

Quote"

Dear birders/photographers,

Wetlands International is currently working on a report for the result of the Asian Waterbird Census 1997-2001. The report provides the count information collected by the volunteers of the AWC. The report will be ready for printing by the end of January. 3000 copies of the report will be printed for free distribution.

We are look for one nice photos with groups or single waterbirds for the front cover of the report. Would be appreciate if any of you would like to contribute this, your contribution will be acknowledged in the report.

Due to Wetlands International use standardized design for the cover of the report, we need the photo in portrait which a scale of about 8 (wide)*11 (high).

I look forward to your kind help.

Best regards,

David Li
Waterbird Conservation Officer (Asia)
WETLANDS INTERNATIONAL

"Unquote

From the HKBWS Office
KK Hui
BBS Member
BBS God

Bird Photography - at its best ...

Re: Asia Watebird Census, January 2004
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 5:37pm »

I'm pleased to say that one of my BFS photos has made it to become the Cover Shot of this Report ...  

I was informed that Wetland International plans to launch this publication in the UK on 4 April 2004. So watch out for it!  

KK Hui ARPS
www.geocities.com/kkhui_001

HKBWS Office
BBS Member
BBS God

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 10:37am »

Congratulation!!!

From the HKBWS Office
KK Hui
BBS Member
BBS God

Bird Photography - at its best ...

« Reply #4 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 8:28pm »

For those who are interested to see the Cover Photo, here it is ...  

KK Hui ARPS
www.geocities.com/kkhui_001
Karl
BBS Testing
BBS Senior Member

I love watching birds!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 9:13pm »

Congratulation KK!  What a good news!  So, please periodically share with your masterpieces with us.  Oh Yes!  May you please make my dream come true?  I would like to see this year's photos of Nordmann's Greenshank, Spoonbill Sandpiper...etc. flying flocks are mostly appreciated!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.