BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 4th, 2024, 12:15am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   General 一般問題
(Moderators: Webcreeper, BBS Moderators)
   Lesser Kestrel
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lesser Kestrel  (Read 470 times)
HKBWS Office
BBS Member
BBS God

WWW Email

Lesser Kestrel
« on: Apr 14th, 2004, 12:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Please find below an enquiry from Spain regarding a research on Lesser Kestrel. Could anyone offer some help on contacts or area to explore the information?

----- Original Message -----  
To: hkbws@hkbws.org.hk  
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 12:16 AM
Subject: Lesser Kestrel

Dear colleage:

I´m achieving a study about conservation genetics and phylogeography of the lesser kestrel Falco naumanni using microsatellite markers. The aim of this message is to know people working with lesser kestrels in China. We´d like that you collaborate in this project adding samples from China. All we need are feathers of unrelated individuals (20-25), either feathers which are pulled out from the back, for example, of adults or nestling, or feathers picked up from the ground. We think that it is a good chance for contributing to the preservation of this little falcon, by the way that we could evaluate the distribution and quantity of the genetic variability in the western paleartic. In that way, we could develop better strategies for the management and conservation of this little falcon. If you can help me in this issue, please, contact me.

All the best,

Miguel Alcaide Torres
Doñana Biological Station
Avda. Mª Luisa s/n
41013 Seville
(Spain)

From the HKBWS Office
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.