BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 4th, 2024, 6:27am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   General 一般問題
(Moderators: BBS Moderators, Webcreeper)
   Data could be retrieved from damaged CF Card 記憶
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Data could be retrieved from damaged CF Card 記憶  (Read 499 times)
Owlet-nightjar
BBS Member
BBS God

Hoo-o...chweep!

Data could be retrieved from damaged CF Card 記憶
« on: Oct 27th, 2004, 9:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In early October, I managed to break two or more pins of a Digital Wallet. The pins were left inside the CF Card.  The card was taken to the service centre. I've got a new card right away.

I was told that the chances of rescuing the data in the card were less than 20% .; I told the technician that the card was almost full, with images only. Next day, I was told that data in the card had been retrieved, but corrupted. ; I requested them to send me all the rescued files in a CD by post.

After receiving the CD the following day, I found that all files were renamed with the extension ".TIF". I thought they had transfered all the files to TIFF format. Unfortunately, I couldn't view the files
with Photoshop nor the software provided by the Camera.

Eventually, I tried renaming the extension from TIF to format that creates by the camera. ?)

Lucky me! 95% of images are alright!!!! ?D

I guess the service centre don't know or they don't have the Software to open "RAW" files. They thought all image files can be viewed by changing the extension to a particular format.

Oo..ops, partial chinese title disappeared!!!  I only amended the "95%" ...etc
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2004, 9:42pm by Owlet-nightjar » Logged

Hoo-o.....Hoo-0
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.