BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 5th, 2024, 4:21am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   General 一般問題
(Moderators: BBS Moderators, Webcreeper)
   Zhejiang survey volunteers (expense paid) 浙江鳥類普查義工
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zhejiang survey volunteers (expense paid) 浙江鳥類普查義工  (Read 1114 times)
Mike Kilburn
Committee Member
BBS God

Zhejiang survey volunteers (expense paid) 浙江鳥類普查義工
« on: Aug 28th, 2006, 2:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been asked to post this for Chris Wood who is organising a comprehensive bird of survey for Lin An County in Zhejiang Province.  

If you are interested, please contact Chris directly on the email/phone number given below.

Cheers  
Mike K

As a biologist employed by Zhejiang university in Hangzhou (about 2 hours+ south on the train from Shanghai) I have the responsibility to organize Bird surveys for Ling an county (very beautiful county in Zhejiang Province, often called 'the forest county' to the west of Hangzhou including the stunning Tianmushan nature reserve).  

We have about 10 days of surveys to complete, working in teams to cover a combination of roughly 350 km's of line transects split up into transects of 3km length. Using GPS we must walk along the transects (or the closest roads/paths available close to them) simply noting bird species and abundance as we do. Dates are not yet fully certain but we are talking fairly soon (i.e. probably September).

We hope to be working in multiple teams of hopefully 3-4 to a team and at least one proficient birder per team. We will be up early mornings (one transect per team) and late afternoons (another transect per team) with a long recovery time in between (the going is tough! - I have just been out practicing with another team in Fuyang county… sore- very sore!).  

There should be a number of Chinese students joining us from Zhejiang university, some good twitchers (some pHd/Masters Level) included, and possibly you if you are interested!  

Accommodation, transport (in country - not you initial flight over) and food (Chinese) will be provided but that's it - this is not an employment opportunity! (There may also be some fun recreational activities on return in the evening for those still mobile at that point and certainly we plan to have a lot of fun in the process! We will also make sure we include trips to Hangzhou and possibly Shanghai Safari Parks/ Zoo's if interest is there.

So there you go. If your interested, can afford the flight and the time then you are very welcome & any twitchers out there potentially interested in joining us for part or the whole time please email me - Chris at wopod1@yahoo.com   and a second email to xyyongm@zju.edu.cn  and/or phone China (0) 571 87176515 to aim to get me in the evening.  

Cheers & happy twitching,  

Chris Wood  
College of Life Sciences,  
Zhejiang University
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2006, 7:23pm by Webcreeper » Logged

Mike Kilburn
Vice Chairman
Chairman - ConservationCommittee
HKBWS
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.