BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 4th, 2024, 2:28pm

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   Photo Gallery 相片分享 I
(Moderators: Kwok Jai, carmen, BBS Moderators, George_Ho, Forrest FONG)
   Suggestion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Suggestion  (Read 519 times)
Samson So
BBS Member
BBS Senior Member

I mean what I say

Email

Suggestion
« on: May 2nd, 2003, 1:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

There are so many beautiful photos taken by the photographers.  Can we use these pictures to update the photo gallery of the website?  

I guess this will allow more systematical viewing and attract more people to see the pictures (and eventually the real birds in the wild, hopefully).  

Of course we have to ask for photographers' permissions, and we need manpower to update this.  Just an idea, any comment?

Samson

Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.
Ideals are like the stars, we never reach them; but like mariners, we chart our course by them.
Forrest FONG
BBS Administrator

I love Bird Watching!

Email

Re: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 2nd, 2003, 2:22pm »

Hi Samson,

Thank you for your suggestion.

In fact, HKBWS has already discussed this issue and planned to re-organize the posted photos more systematically during the re-structure of the website in the near future.

As mentioned by you, a lot of manpower/volunteers will be required in this process. Therefore, if anyone who are interested in helping the Society to update/re-structure the Photo Gallery as well as the Website, please send an email with your contact photo no. to me.

Thanks a lot.

Forrest

FF
Forrest FONG
BBS Administrator

I love Bird Watching!

Email

Enriching the Photo Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 2nd, 2003, 2:44pm »

Dear all,

Besides being as a volunteer in assisting the programming or designing works of the photo gallery/Website, you can help to enrich the content of the BBS Photo Gallery by sharing your photos in the BBS.

Hi Samson, all of us know that you are an expert birder and also a professional wildlife photographer in HK. It is however noted that up to this moment, the BBS Photo Gallery is still lacking of your great works. We therefore should be grateful if you could share some of your stunning photos in the BBS for improving both the quality & variety of the Photo Gallery, please.

Thanks

Forrest
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2003, 3:39pm by Forrest FONG » Logged

FF
Hendrix
BBS Member
BBS God

I love wings!

« Reply #3 on: May 2nd, 2003, 3:57pm »

Some talk on TW dcview.com.tw :  

http://www.dcview.com.tw/forums/msgexcel.asp?id=C02&page=3&msgid =5861&sort=1

www.look.hk welcome you
Samson So
BBS Member
BBS Senior Member

I mean what I say

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 2nd, 2003, 3:58pm »

Hi Forest,

First of all thank you very much for your comments on my birding and photography.  I do have some works shown in the phto gallery but they are quite old (4-5 years ago, I guess).  

I really want to share the works with all, believe me, I really do. But due to the fact that my photos had been riped off many times for commercial use in the past (I was even more upset when it seemed like I was the one to blame when I asked for legal action!! ), I try to avoid posting any photo on the web since then.  I have mentioned this in the old format of BBS.

Someone may think this is selfish and it is no big deal to let other people to use the photos.   Others are more generous to allow unlimited usage of on-line photos by others.  To me I am just protecting my valuable properties, which came as a result of years of hardworking and investment, from illegal use.   I also believe only if the photographer values his photographic works, then other people will respect the copyright issue.

I may be wrong, please correct me.  It is very difficult to draw the line between protection of copyright and promotion of birdwatching.  This is another controversial topic to discuss, I guess.

Of course we also need to protect the copyright of the pictures of other photographers if they are to be use formally in the gallery.  I believe the committee have already taken this into consideration, haven't they?  

Samson

Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.
Ideals are like the stars, we never reach them; but like mariners, we chart our course by them.
Forrest FONG
BBS Administrator

I love Bird Watching!

Email

a typo-mistake
« Reply #5 on: May 4th, 2003, 2:42pm »

on May 2nd, 2003, 2:22pm, Forrest FONG wrote:
if anyone who are interested in helping the Society to update/re-structure the Photo Gallery as well as the Website, please send an email with your contact photo no. to me

Sorry, It should be:

please send an email with your contact phone no. to me

« Last Edit: May 4th, 2003, 2:50pm by Forrest FONG » Logged

FF
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.