BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 4th, 2024, 1:17am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Special Topics 特別主題
   Wild Birds & Avian Flu 野鳥與禽流感
(Moderators: Webcreeper, Forrest FONG, BBS Moderators)
   香港觀鳥會對近期禽流感蔓延的初步意見 HKBWS's Initial Views
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 香港觀鳥會對近期禽流感蔓延的初步意見 HKBWS's Initial Views  (Read 814 times)
HKBWS Project
HKBWS Officers
BBS God

Please support HKBWS!

香港觀鳥會對近期禽流感蔓延的初步意見 HKBWS's Initial Views
« on: Oct 21st, 2005, 6:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

香港觀鳥會對近期禽流感蔓延的初步意見二零零五年十月廿 一日

多個國家正為禽流感的蔓延進入緊張狀態,在全球候鳥三大遷徙路線中,香港正位於西伯利亞至澳大利亞遷徙路線的中間點,是數以十萬計候鳥在遷徙時的中途補給站,為了防止禽流感的蔓延,香港觀鳥會認為特區政府應該加強以下工作:
  1. 正確規範雀鳥市場的運作-現時香港的野生雀鳥市場仍然非常活躍,不但滿足本地人的需求,更是輸往外地的雀鳥集散地之一。很多雀鳥來自中國內地、東南亞國家,甚至美洲國家,由於這些入口雀鳥來自多個不同地方,有關部門應加強入口雀鳥的檢疫工作,然而,這些工作很難保證不會出現漏網之『鳥』,也不可能每一只鳥都進行檢疫,加上非法的野生雀鳥貿易仍然未能完全控制,風險自然更大。

另一方面,市民或遊客仍然可以在市場上直接觸摸雀鳥,政府有需要繼續呼籲市民 避免觸摸雀鳥市場上禽鳥。政府亦應考慮制訂一套指引,要求雀鳥商販遵守,不但 保障自己的安全,也減少市民承擔的風險。

長遠來說,政府及市民應從生態平衡、衛生健康與傳統趣味之間作出取捨,詳細檢 討雀鳥貿易的未來前景,正確規範雀鳥的市場運作,甚至檢討其存在的可能性,隨 著市民對自然生態及環保的認識,我們相信飼養籠鳥這種扭曲人類與雀鳥的關係應 該可以慢慢消解。

2. 市區公園-在野生雀鳥經常出沒的公園範圍,有關部門應加強清潔工作,例如清理鳥糞或羽毛等,並提醒市民不應餵飼禽鳥,有必要時應加強檢控工作;但有關部亦應同時加強教育及宣傳工作,避免令市民對野鳥產生誤解,甚至不必要的恐懼。例如在野外觀鳥,應該抱著尊重鳥類的態度,保持相當距離,正所謂「敬而遠之」,這樣從鳥體沾染疾病的機會便極微,事實上,全球從未有因觀鳥感染禽流感病症的案例。其實,現時候鳥的秋季遷徙高峰期已經完結,候鳥基本上都在過冬地點休養生息,不作遠距離飛行,因此由候鳥直接傳播流感病毒給人類的機會其實微乎其微。

3. 國際聯繫-特區政府亦應主動與其他國家及地區聯絡,特別是出現禽流感的地區,交流有關資料,特別是提供本港一套現時仍然行之有效的防疫措施及經驗,互相取長補短,確保禽流感不至蔓延。
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:25am by Webcreeper » Logged

HKBWS Manager (Projects & Communication)
香港觀鳥會 經理(項目及傳訊)
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

Re: 香港觀鳥會對近期禽流感蔓延的初步意見 HKBWS's I
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:38am »

HKBWS's Initial Views Regarding the Recent Spread of Avian Flu 21/10/05

Many countries are preparing themselves seriously for the spread of avian flu. Located at the mid point between Siberia and Australia, Hong Kong is a stopping-over station on one of the three major bird migrating routes. Hundreds of thousands of birds use the place to replenish their reserves en route. To stop the spread of avian flu, HKBWS consider that the Government should strengthen measures in the following areas:

1. Proper Regulation of Bird Trade Operations

Wide bird trade is still very active. In addition to meeting local demands, Hong Kong is also a distribution center for export to other countries. Since birds in the trade come from many different sources including mainland China, southeast Asia and even countries in America, the Government should strengthen quarantine arrangements. It is difficult enough to ensure each and every bird is routed through the quarantine. The risk is even higher given that illegal wild bird trade is not completely under control.

Citizens and tourists are still allowed to touch birds in the market. The Government should advise people against such act, as well as considering a code of practice for bird sellers. These can both protect the sellers and reduce the risk to citizens.

In the long term, the Government and the people of Hong Kong should think about the balance between ecology, hygiene and traditional interests related to birds. There should be a review on proper regulation of the bird trade, its future and even its very existence. As understanding about ecology and conservation improves, we believe the unnatural practice of keeping birds in cages can be gradually phased out.

2. Urban Parks

Cleaning at parks frequented by wild birds should be strengthened, e.g. to remove droppings and feathers. People should be reminded not to feed the birds, and where necessary, prosecution should be reinforced.

More effort should also be put into education and promotion against misunderstanding and even fear about wild birds. As long as one keeps a good distance, the risk of getting disease through birdwatching will be minimal. In fact, no person has even been reported worldwide to have caught avian flu through birdwatching.

The peak of the autumn migration is already over. Most migrating birds are now resting at their wintering ground and will not make long distance flights. The spread of avian flu among human populations by migrating birds is extremely low.

3. International Connection

The Government should exchange information actively with other countries and areas, especially those where cases of avian flu have occurred. To contain the spread of the disease, Hong Kong may share our practices and experience with our proven quarantine system with others, and introduce further improvements through benchmarking.

Translation by W

>}o-}o-   >}o-         >}o-    .......x
Bob Thompson
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 6:40pm »

Thanks for some very positive views on Avian Flu.  

As Hong Kong's only bird watching society, it is very important that the society is a leader in providing informative information to the public otherwise the years of good public relations will be wasted.
HF_Cheung
Committee Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26th, 2005, 9:03pm »

After many interviews by the media, I have come to one more points - the release of wild birds.  

I think the release of wild birds for religous purpose or dumping of sick birds by dealers or any individual should be prohibited in this period of time.

HF Cheung

經過多次接受傳媒訪問之後,我認為要加多一點:禁止釋放野鳥。

在這個非常時期,宗教儀式中的放生,以及鳥販和個人丟棄病鳥都應該禁止。

張浩輝

W 中譯
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2005, 1:05pm by Webcreeper » Logged
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #4 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 1:07pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 9:56am, Mike Kilburn wrote:
This morning in Ng Tung Chai the following birds were seen between the village and the lower falls between 0700 and 0830:

There is also a flock of at least 10 Pekin Robins hanging around the path above the temple.

Cheers  
Mike K

似乎依然有人照放。
It seems release they still do.

>}o-}o-   >}o-         >}o-    .......x
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.