Thread
Print

Parking issue

Parking issue

I got a parking ticket today for violating the no#04 contravention: Parked other than in an authorized parking place.  I have not been to Mai Po Nature Reserve area for more than a year due to personal matter.  Then of course I did not know what has happened to the the visiting centre over there.  I saw a big reconstruction there with the entrance of car park area closed.  I tried to park next to the area adjacent to a small house. Then I asked the lady if I obstructed her.  She replied nicely with "No"; but she added if you were not afraid of getting a ticket you could park.  She suggested to me to drive and park by the Yeung's fishing pond.  But there were cars occupying already.  So I drove back and found some space that I thought would not obstruct any other vehicles just before entering the centre on the right.  Well...  I wondered why there were no warning or discussion about the parking problem in this forum either from the members or the staff of the HKBWS or from WWF HK.  Maybe I missed any message regarding.  Anyway, for other members who might try to drive there for birdwatching, you need to be careful then.

Eric

[ Last edited by tomatofamily at 2/01/2021 18:52 ]

Thread