Thread
Print

[Indoor] 2009年會員週年大會 .. AGM 2009

Thank you for the record photos.  That is very good for other members to know that we have this meeting.
I like to re-capture some of the main points in yesterday's meeting.

1. The question of our future hiring is very important. There are very strong support for conservation from the point of policy and specific cases.  So we have to see how we can support a staff specializing in conservation.

2. The question of getting a staff on fund-raising is also discussed.  If fund-raising is successfully, then we may have the money to hire staff working on the areas that we wanted, such as conservation, education, and membership.

3. Potential donar is around.  The question is how we can convince them.  In the end, may be we should try it out using the HKBWS bird raise.

4. A member suggested that we use Chinese in our AGM documents, such as the chairman report.  I think we should do it, step by step.

5. One item that we have not mentioned yesterday - memberhsip fee next year.  Actually, the executive committee has decided not to raise the membership fee next year.  I hope that is acceptable to members.

HF Cheung

Since the member's voice is strong, I believe the executive committee would act accordingly.
There are still some more points I forget to report.

1. A member suggested to have an option to receive bulletin in electronic form only. We have been doing this already, and I think we should advertize it a bit more to encourage member to save paper and postage.

2. The executive committee in the next year will remain the same, at least up to this moment.

If there are more points, we will like to hear your opinion any time. Using the bulletin board is a good idea.

HF Cheung

Thread