Thread
Print

Digiscoping with Lumix GH1 and 20mm f1.7

Quote:
Original posted by cwchan at 5/01/2010 16:49
I am happy to try out this gear again after having installed with the 52mm adaptor ring. With this adaptor ring in place , it solved the problem mentioned above.
I can take the photo with  my eye  tou ...
How much space on the barrel does the lens have for mounting the adaptal ring?

In your case, the lens is fixed in focal length, 20mm. Is it possible to mount an adaptal ring on the standard zoom lens of this camera?

Ricoh's latest product, GRX, is a good choice for digiscoping. One of the lenses that serves this camera is the 24-70mm zoom lens in which is housed a sensitive CCD of a size much larger than Nikon CP8400's. A higher ISO can be used for shooting and it is obvious that the quality of the lens is much improved as well, judging by the price that Ricoh is asking, around $3000 for the lens itself. Together with another $3000 for the camera body, the whole setup is pretty substantial in price. If problems with vignetting are resolvable, the investment is worth it for it is difficult to find a good camera for digiscoping purposes. Besides, the camera has an external EVF to allow for DSLR-like shooting.

Regards,
Peter

Postscript: The camera is provided with an extension tube for mounting wide-angle and telephotographic lenses. The tube can serve the purpose of linking the camera with the telescope.

[ Last edited by lwingkay at 5/01/2010 22:36 ]

Thread